[unav_all] Fall AGU session G-17 Ground Based Geodetic Techniques and Science Applications

Ben Brooks bbrooks at hawaii.edu
Mon Aug 24 10:33:30 MDT 2009

Dear Colleagues,

Please consider submitting abstracts to session G17:
Ground Based Geodetic Techniques and Science Applications

Ground-based geodesy is a rapidly expanding and evolving technology
and because of their portability, relative ease of use, long
acquisition ranges, and sub-cm spatial resolution, tools such as
terrestrial laser scanners (TLS) and/or ground-based radars (GBR)
promise to expand our detailed understanding of the fundamental
processes that drive a broad range of spatial (3D) and temporal (4D)
science applications. This special session invites contributions that
discuss both the technical aspects of the technology and process-based
geoscience studies using ground-based geodetic tools such as, but not
limited to, TLS and GBR. What are the strengths, weaknesses, and
limitations of the technologies? How is the technology being used to
address static and dynamic scientific problems? We envision
contributions from many disciplines such as natural hazards,
geomorphology, structural geology, glaciology, hydrology, snow
science, biological science, tectonic, and volcanology.

best regards,

Ben Brooks
Gerald Bawden
David Phillips