[unav_all] NSF Highlights, UNAVCO Science Highlights - 1-pagers by February 2

Meghan Miller meghan at unavco.org
Fri Jan 16 13:30:20 MST 2009

UNAVCO Community Members,

There are several movements afoot to update UNAVCO's Science
Highlights, including a request from EAR Instrumentation and
Facilities for an upcoming review of the contribution of NSF
Facilities to progress on their strategic goals (see http://www.nsf.gov/publications/pub_summ.jsp?ods_key=nsf0648)
.  The NSF request is for graphics (with permission for use), some
text (that addresses intellectual merit and broader impacts), and a
listing of publications.  NSF is willing to do the assembling.

In addition, I would like to be able to present your most current
UNAVCO-enabled accomplishments in a variety of settings over the next
months.  I will ensure attribution in my presentations as you provide
it to me.

So please forward any results - published, pre-prints, 1-pagers, AGU
figures with text, or preliminary - that you are willing to have
featured at NSF or in public presentations.  If your submission is for
NSF only, please note that and I will not use it in other venues.  And
unless you provide a published reference for me to cite, I will delete
any of your work that you authorize me to show from posted conference
collections of presentations.

In addition, we have been asked for updated hallway graphics for EAR -
so any contributions there are also welcome.

Please respond to me by February 2nd (at the latest)  so that we can
forward a coherent package to NSF by their deadline:
Graphics with captions and permission to use
Summary of significance relative to intellectual merit and broader
impacts
Citations/publications

Thank you!

meghan at unavco.org