[unav_all] UNAVCO Assistance with Proposal Planning
Meertens at unavco.org
Fri May 15 12:49:37 MDT 2009
Dear UNAVCO Investigators:
This is a reminder that if you are planning to include UNAVCO support
for GPS and other resources and services in your proposals, you are
encouraged to contact us prior to submission. Assistance is available
for technical planning and budgeting of engineering, equipment, and
data support services for proposals submitted to relevant programs
within the Directorate for Geosciences - Earth Science Division and
Office of Polar Programs. Please note that expanded support is
available for GPS processing of PI data by the Plate Boundary
Observatory (PBO) Analysis Centers, Terrestrial Laser Scanning (TLS),
Borehole strainmeters/seismometers, tiltmeters, and real-time GPS.
UNAVCO also helps investigators plan their broader impacts through
independent and UNAVCO-related projects.
UNAVCO can provide resources and capabilities to projects, including:
* A range of pool equipment including permanent, continuous,
campaign, and real time kinematic (RTK) GPS systems, permanent real
time, high rate GPS, Terrestrial Laser Scanners (TLS), and
communication and power systems hardware.
* Expertise in project management, field engineering, technical
support and training.
* Equipment depot and laboratory facilities for maintaining
repairing, testing and deploying equipment.
* Systems acquisition, configuration and integration; and software
development services for development of customized systems.
* Logistics services including property tracking and management,
import/export and shipping.
* Data management and archiving services.
* GPS Processing service by the Plate Boundary Observatory Analysis
* Educational workshops and products for a variety of audiences
(K-12, college level, informal, etc).
* The RESESS Program (Research Experiences in Solid Earth Science), a
multiyear, research summer internship program to broaden participation
in the geosciences.
In addition to the traditional GPS related support described above, we
would like to make sure the community is aware of new and expanded
support services and data products available from UNAVCO related to
* Terrestrial Laser Scanning (TLS, a.k.a. tripod LiDAR)
* Borehole strainmeter/seismometer, and tiltmeter installations
* Real-time GPS
* Polar remote power and communications systems
* Satellite InSAR data
* Airborne LiDAR data
Project support, including assistance with proposal planning, may be
requested at the UNAVCO web site at: http://achaia.unavco.org/support.aspx
Researchers planning to include the use of UNAVCO resources in
proposals under the current National Science Foundation (NSF)
solicitations are encouraged to contact UNAVCO no later than two (2)
weeks prior to the proposal due dates.
Some of the upcoming solicitation deadlines are given below.
EAR/Geophysics (NSF 09-539)
- Full Proposal Window: May 5, 2009 - June 5, 2009
EAR/Tectonics (NSF 09-542)
- Full Proposal Window: June 6, 2009 - July 6, 2009
EAR/Earth Sciences: Instrumentation and Facilities (EAR/IF) (NSF
- Full Proposal Target Date: July 8, 2009
EAR/Hydrologic Sciences (NSF 09-538)
- Full Proposal: June 1, 2009
EAR/EarthScope (NSF 09-535)
- Full Proposal Deadline Date: July 16, 2009
EAR/Geomorphology and Land Use Dynamics (NSF 09-537)
- Full Proposal: July 16, 2009
EAR/Continental Dynamics (NSF 04-512)
- Full Proposal Deadline Date: November 15, 2009
OPP/Antarctic Research (NSF 09-536)
- Full Proposal Deadline: June 08,2009
OPP/Arctic (NSF 08-597)
Full Proposal Target Date: October 15, 2009
Major Research Instrumentation Program (MRI-R²) (NSF 09-561)
- Full Proposal Due August 10, 2009
Academic Research Infrastructure Program: Recovery and Reinvestment
(ARI-R²) (NSF 09-562)
- Letter of Intent Deadline Date: July 1, 2009
- Full Proposal Deadline Date: August 24, 2009
NSF Graduate STEM Fellow in K-12 Education (NSF 09-549)
- Letter of Intent: May 19, 2009
- Full Proposal: June 29, 2009
Research Experiences for Undergraduates (NSF 07-569)
- Full Proposal: June 5, 2009
Complete listings of active funding opportunities can be found on the
on the NSF web site.
For EAR: http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_list.jsp?org=EAR
For OPP: http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_list.jsp?org=OPP
Dr. Charles Meertens
UNAVCO Facility Director
6350 Nautilus Drive
Boulder, CO 80301-5554
Work Phone: 303-381-7465
chuckm at unavco.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the unav_all