[unav_all] Fall AGU session G13: Detecting unsteady motion in geodetic data

Jessica Murray-Moraleda jrmurray at usgs.gov
Mon Aug 2 18:47:46 MDT 2010

Dear Colleagues:

We would like to bring to your attention the following special session to be
held at the 2010 Fall AGU Meeting in San Francisco:

SESSION G13: Development and Testing of Methods for Detecting and Estimating
Unsteady Motion in Geodetic Time Series

SESSION DESCRIPTION:   While most geodetic time series are dominated by a
linear trend reflecting plate motion, they typically also exhibit unsteady
motion from seasonal variations, hydrologic effects, offsets from
earthquakes or equipment changes, and motions from transient crustal
deformation. The time series produced by the growing number of large
permanent geodetic networks require ongoing, automated monitoring for
anomalous signals. We seek contributions that discuss methods for detecting
and modeling departures from steady motion in geodetic time series, ways in
which such methods can be tested and validated, and procedures for removing
spurious sources of apparent signals.

Please note that abstracts must be submitted to AGU by September 2  by going
to the AGU web site at http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm10/.  The Fall AGU
meeting will be held December 13 - 17, 2010.

We are looking forward to an exciting session and hope to see you there!

Regards,

Duncan Agnew, Rowena Lohman, Jessica Murray-Moraleda, and Simon Williams

Jessica Murray-Moraleda
US Geological Survey
345 Middlefield Rd., MS 977
Menlo Park, CA 94025