[unav_all] AGU 2010: Session G15: Combination of Geodetic Data

Emma Hill ehill at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Aug 10 12:20:04 MDT 2010

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to the following session at the AGU 2010 Fall Meeting:

G15. Combination of Geodetic Data Types to Address Current and Future Problems: Challenges and Solutions

A future challenge for geodesy is combination of observations to separate the many different geophysical signals occurring in the Earth system, including those from tectonics, climate change, elastic loading, hydrology, GIA, and mantle dynamics. Combining observations enhances our understanding and allows for better-constrained modeling of the system, however presents various challenges due to differences in temporal and spatial resolution and extent, and differences in observable type. We invite contributions that discuss combination of data (e.g., seismological, GPS, InSAR, GRACE, tide-gauge, geologic) to address ongoing geophysical research, or new techniques for data combination.

We hope to see you in San Francisco!

Emma Hill - (soon to be at) Earth Observatory of Singapore
Michel Van Camp - Royal Observatory of Belgium
Jim Davis - Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory
Joe Henton - Natural Resources Canada