[unav_all] AGU Special Session G19: Geodesy for Rapid Assessment of Earthquakes

Owen, Susan E (335N) susan.e.owen at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Aug 11 16:10:46 MDT 2010

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to the following special session at Fall AGU that might of interest and to which we encourage you to submit an abstract.

G19: Geodesy for Rapid Assessment of Earthquakes

In the days, months, and years following an earthquake, geodetic measurements from GPS, InSAR, optical imagery, and LiDAR have provided important and often unexpected results. Geodetic data products are becoming increasingly precise, high resolution in space and time, global, and low latency. Space borne platforms are giving us access to geodetic data from regions with sparse or no in situ networks. This session focuses on successes, challenges, and future capabilities of geodesy to improve our rapid earthquake assessment and response. We encourage contributions on low latency geodetic results, models, and combined sensor products (e.g., GPS/seismic) on earthquakes and seismically triggered hazards (e.g., tsunamis and landslides) and damage.

Thank you,
Susan Owen, Yehuda Bock, Mark Simons, and Sang-Ho Yun

Susan E. Owen, Ph.D.
Satellite Geodesy and Geodynamics Systems Group
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
MS 238-600
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, CA 91109