[unav_all] Fall AGU 2010, Session G08 -- Very Large GPS/GNSS Networks: Exploiting the Data Explosion for Science

Geoff Blewitt gblewitt at unr.edu
Wed Aug 18 16:50:57 MDT 2010

Author:  Geoff Blewitt and Tom Herring

Dear Colleagues,

Please consider participating in the following session of the Fall AGU
Meeting, to be held in San Francisco, 13-17 December 2010.

Session G08: 	Very Large GPS/GNSS Networks:
		Exploiting the Data Explosion for Science

Sponsor: 	Geodesy
CoSponsor: 	Earth and Space Science Informatics

Conveners: 	Geoffrey Blewitt, University of Nevada, Reno
		Thomas Herring, MIT

GPS networks are used for many scientific applications, but full
exploitation of all the world's data is a challenge. The number of
stations now at >4,000 has doubled every 2-3 yr, sampling rates are
increasing, latency is decreasing, and GNSS is arriving. With millions
of parameters to be estimated daily, rigorous solutions are
computationally impossible, and quality control is tricky. We solicit
abstracts on enhancing large network solutions for science. Topics range
from theory, automation, algorithms, partitioning, bias fixing, GNSS
integration, quality control, and visualization. We encourage
contributions from research projects and centers that process data from
large networks, such as TIGA, Earthscope, and IGS.

Abstracts are due 2 September 2010 (23:59 EDT), at:
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm10/program/abstract_submissions.php

We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco.

- Geoff and Tom

Dr Geoffrey Blewitt, Professor
NV Bureau of Mines & Geology, and NV Seismo Lab
Mackay School of Earth Sciences and Engineering
University of Nevada, Reno, NV 89557-0178, USA
   http://www.nbmg.unr.edu/staff/geoff.htm