[unav_all] AGU session on earthquake source processes

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Thu Aug 19 11:11:26 MDT 2010

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to call your attention to the following AGU Fall Meeting
session and encourage you to consider submitting an abstract.

S17: Earthquake Source Processes: What Have We Learned From Recent
Large Earthquakes?

Expansion of seismic and geodetic networks over the past two decades
has led to capturing geophysical signals associated with earthquake
rupture with increasing fidelity. The observations suggest rupture
behavior is diverse and complex across many scales. Significant
progress has also been made in experimental and theoretical
investigations of earthquake source processes. This session solicits
contributions from observational, experimental, and theoretical
perspectives focused on improving our understanding of the physical
processes underlying rupture initiation, propagation, and
arrest. Submissions related to studies integrating observations from
recent large earthquakes and theories of earthquake source physics are
encouraged.

Thank you,
Benchun Duan
Brad Aagaard