[unav_all] UNAVCO Booth Schedule & beta release of the UNAVCO web redesign

Meghan Miller meghan at unavco.org
Fri Dec 10 14:21:39 MST 2010

UNAVCO Community,

(1)  Please join us at the UNAVCO booth #250 for demonstrations and sessions throughout the week. The schedule is now posted and can be found among the highlights on UNAVCO's home page or directly at:

UNAVCO at AGU 2010 Highlight:  http://www.unavco.org/research_science/science_highlights/2010/AGU-2010.html

If you have additions to this schedule, please contact Shelley Olds: olds at unavco.org

Check back for updates!

(2)  ß @  UNAVCO.ORG - the beta release of the UNAVCO web redesign

You may remember that we have undertaken a web site redesign to reflect the growth in services that UNAVCO provides and to present a more integrated view of UNAVCO community and program activities.   The goals of our Website redesign project are to provide integrated site-wide navigation and to update UNAVCO's identity to achieve a clean, cohesive and forward-looking web presence.

You will find a new, crosscutting navigation at the top of the page.  These topical areas were developed to provide clear pathways to resources (data, software, instrumentation, learning, etc.) that are independent of UNAVCO program organizational structure.

Quick links to familiar places within the website will continue to be provided as a flat navigation at the bottom of the page.  There were some minor improvements to the categorization that I wrote you of several weeks ago:  minor recategorization, more informative labels.

Those of you who use the PBO resources will find a greater degree of change than in other areas.  The new PBO website caps a year-long effort to simplify the layout and organization of PBO content and to refocus the site toward the needs of external users.

Finally, please note that some embedded functionality using third party software  (such as the knowledge base) cannot co-exist with both designs.  So if you encounter the old look on the beta site, expect this to be resolved with the production release early next year.

Please take a look at the Beta website with the new design at http://unavco-staging.unavco.org/  (The link will be available from the current UNAVCO home page). This is a work in progress so please, provide us feedback through this survey:  http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/unavco-redesign.

Our current plan is to formally transition to the new design on February 1, 2011.

Regards,

meghan at unavco.org

http://www.unavco.org/community/policies_forms/acknowledgment.html