[unav_all] Job Opening at UNAVCO - Depot Technician I, Boulder
weber at unavco.org
Mon Dec 13 09:14:30 MST 2010
APPLICANTS MUST APPLY AT: www.unavco.org/careers
Summary of Job
Develop and maintain manufacturing assembly processes (electronic and light mechanical) at the shop-floor level, including work flow layout, and specifies and purchases related equipment and tooling.
Essential Job Functions
· Assemble, test, configure and manifest high precision equipment while meeting quality standards and production schedules.
· Configure and test complex instrumentation using computer diagnostic programs.
· Maintain tooling and consumable supplies for instrumentation.
· Troubleshoot manufacturing processes, equipment, and systems as necessary.
· Audit component-level inventory, maintain accurate in-process inventory, and maintain inventory and purchasing database(s) as needed.
· Inspect and repair equipment upon receipt.
· Coordinate shipping and receiving to/from appropriate recipients.
· Troubleshoot components for precision equipment, and work with management and suppliers to rectify quality issues.
· Document manufacturing processes and quality assurance procedures.
· Cross-train other operators in equipment assembly.
· Maintain detailed bill of materials for equipment, materials, and supplies that are required for maintenance. These include planned order and receipt time by part. Maintain budget costs on each part. Work with budget staff to maintain latest material, equipment, and supplies budget by month.
· Other duties may be assigned as necessary for the successful operation of the business.
To perform this job successfully, this individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Knowledge
· Working knowledge of the architecture and function of GPS instrumentation.
· Skill in using personal computers and networked workstations including skill in the use of equipment tracking databases and scheduling software.
· Operational understanding of computer/ hardware communication protocols and knowledge of standard PC-based data collection procedures and standards.
· Basic math skills and the ability to apply basic electrical conversions.
· Skills in electronic and mechanical equipment assembly, testing, and calibration. Skills in troubleshooting standard GPS equipment.
· Skills in the operation of hand tools and machine tools.
· High standards of quality, attention to detail, and meeting deadlines.
· Good oral and written communication skills in English.
· Valid driver’s license and the ability to drive a variety of vehicles.
· Must have a "satisfactory" driving record and be insurable on UNAVCOs auto insurance policy.
Required Education and Experience
Associate's degree in Electronics, Engineering or related field plus two years related experience in a light industrial environment, Or equivalent combination education and experience required.
Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, and climb. Must be able to grasp objects and reach above shoulders. Must be able to see small electronic components.
Must be able to count, add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance and check results for accuracy. Must be able to compute, analyze and interpret numerical data for report purposes. Must be able to compose detailed reports and manuals. Must be able to make decisions, which have significant impact on UNAVCO’s operations and services. Must be able to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
Melissa M. Weber
6350 Nautilus Dr.
Boulder, CO 80301
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the unav_all