[unav_all] Please spread the word: Girls on Ice Expedition 2010 Applications Now Available!

Erin Pettit erin.pettit.guest at nbp.usap.gov
Sun Jan 17 07:37:49 MST 2010

Hello UNAVCO and PASSCAL (Tim can you forward this to the rest of
PASSCAL, please?),

Greetings from the Antarctic Peninsula - we are patiently waiting for
good weather and good sea ice conditions to fly to install a few GPS and
Seismic stations...  waiting and waiting and waiting.

The Girls on Ice applications are up online - please spread the word!
Especially to any teachers you know across the country and the world.
It's a tuition-free program, and we do our best to make sure that family
financial situation is not a barrier to a girl participating.

Thanks!
Erin Pettit

-------------

Applications Now Available for the Girls on Ice 2010 Expedition!

Girls on Ice is a unique, FREE, wilderness science education program for
high school girls. Each year a team of 9 teenage girls and 3 instructors
spend 11 days exploring and learning about mountain glaciers and alpine
landscapes through scientific field studies with professional
glaciologists and mountaineers.

The 2010 Expedition will take place July 26 to August 5, 2010 on Mount
Baker, Washington State.

http://girlsonice.org/apply (applications are due March 1, 2010

Please pass this information on to teachers and others you know who
interact with teenage girls!

We are able to provides this program free to the girls through small
grants and gifts from individuals and support from the University of
Alaska Fairbanks.

If you would like to help support the program please visit:
http://girlsonice.org/support

For more information, please visit: http://girlsonice.org.

Questions? Please send an email to info at girlsonice.org.

Thanks,