[unav_all] White Paper on Real-Time GPS

Mike Jackson jackson at unavco.org
Thu Sep 2 19:14:32 MDT 2010

Dear Colleagues --

We would like to draw your attention to our white paper on the value of real-time GPS that has been authored by members of the EarthScope Plate Boundary Observatory Advisory committee to UNAVCO.  This document summarizes the status and current interest in the use of these real-time streams for science.  This document was conceived in light of recent and ongoing research and upgrades of EarthScope (and other) GPS systems to high-rate, low latency streams.  The document is intended to both assert and stimulate discussion about the value of these data.

The White Paper has been posted on the UNAVCO web site under "Whats Hot" and the link is:

http://www.unavco.org/research_science/science_highlights/2010/RealTimeGPSWhitePaper2010.pdf

and we have set up a comment forum at:

http://www.unavco.org/voce/viewforum.php?f=49&sid=b952a11ba660118efc39c4fcce48ad44

Many thanks for your attention,
Bill Hammond, Chair
EarthScope Plate Boundary Observatory Advisory Committee