[unav_all] Job Posting
weber at unavco.org
Fri Sep 10 11:11:32 MDT 2010
Candidates should apply at www.unavco.org/careers.
Position: Education and Outreach (E&O) Generalist FLSA: Exempt
Reports to: Education and Outreach Director Created:06/12/07; Revised: 09/08/2010
Summary of Job
Support the UNAVCO Education and Outreach team in enhancing the knowledge of earth sciences among students and the general public.
Essential Job Functions
· As a member of the E&O team, share responsibility for the preparation, distribution and display of effective educational and informational products, materials, resources, and expertise.
· As a member of the E&O team, share responsibility for exploring and applying modern communication technologies to science communication.
· Assist in the development and implementation of education and outreach plans and in the managing and reporting of education and outreach projects.
· Ensure effective E&O coordination and communication among E&O team members and throughout UNAVCO.
· Ensure that UNAVCO Education and Outreach materials and products meet high standards of literacy, accuracy, and appearance.
· Work with E&O team members and UNAVCO staff on logistics and administration of E&O activities.
· Work with E&O team members to develop and implement evaluation and assessment metrics for areas of responsibility.
· Assume other duties as necessary for the success of the E&O team.
To perform this job successfully, this individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Knowledge
· Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work as a member and representative of the UNAVCO Education and Outreach team.
· Self-motivated, excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, including demonstrated success in interactions with peers, students, scientists, media, and the public.
· Familiarity with and experience with communications technologies in the areas of print graphics, web design and content, audio-visual presentation equipment, exhibition materials, or evolving social networks.
· Ability to exercise independent judgment and interact effectively with internal and external partners and customers. Receives guidance on major decisions, but carries out tasks independently.
Experience and Education
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and/or experience in Public Communications, Business Administration, or similar field.
· Demonstrated proficiency in basic business and design software.
· Formal training in or working familiarity with an area of science, ideally in earth sciences.
· 2-4 years of relevant experience in marketing, communication, outreach and/or project management fields.
Must be able to lift and carry items weighing 15-44 pounds, climb stairs, bend and stoop, reach above shoulders, and stand.
Must be able to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions, be able to organize and prioritize work schedule. Must be able to make decisions impacting immediate work unit. Must be able to express ideas orally and in writing. Must be able to make informal presentations. Must be able to compute, analyze and interpret numerical data.
Melissa M. Weber
6350 Nautilus Dr.
Boulder, CO 80301
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the unav_all