[unav_all] See you in San Francisco

Meghan Miller meghan at unavco.org
Thu Dec 1 16:58:58 MST 2011

Colleagues,

UNAVCO is now 100 Members strong! plus 71 Associate Members....   University of Alabama is our 100th Member......    Congratulate Ryan Ewing, the Member Representative if you get a chance.

Please join us to celebrate this and other successes in San Francisco - at the booth, the Bowie Lecture, the Annual Meeting and related activities, our many splinter meetings for projects and governance.....

You heard from David Sandwell about Tuesday's Geodesy Reception (6:30 p.m., Salons 11- 14, San Francisco Marriott).   We will also have the 2011 UNAVCO Annual Meeting:

December 6, 2011
San Francisco Marriott – Salon 15
7:30 – 9:00 PM

I will give you a report on another very successful year at UNAVCO, including science support and planning, positive reviews of our management strategies, and the strengthening of our business systems and compliance safeguards.     We have a fresh strategic plan, and the geodesy science plan is in production....  and lots of progress on your projects and the ones we manage on behalf of the community, and new vitality around TLS.

Bill Holt will lead the discussion of your opportunities to have input into the next community proposal, and the key science questions that will be discussed further at the UNAVCO Science Workshop February 28 to March 8.

As you finish your talk or print your poster, think about the science highlights you can send me in January when NSF asks us for your accomplishments.  We are going to jump on the idea of the EarthScope National Office to request 1-slders from you.  The Science Highlights will not be part of this proposal submission, but we will still need to know about your best emerging results and recent contributions.

Lastly, we have several open positions at the moment and we hope you will think about helping us recruit - your students and graduates, yourselves......

See you there!

Meghan

P.S.  This just in from Jaime:   San Francisco State University just cleared - that's #101....  Look for Jerry Davis.

meghan at unavco.org

http://www.unavco.org/community/policies_forms/acknowledgment.html