[unav_all] Release of the UNAVCO web redesign

Meghan Miller meghan at unavco.org
Tue Feb 1 09:36:51 MST 2011

UNAVCO Community,

Please visit  UNAVCO.ORG - we have released our UNAVCO web redesign!

You may remember that we have undertaken a web site redesign to reflect the growth in services that UNAVCO provides and to present a more integrated view of UNAVCO community and program activities.   The goals of our Website redesign project are to provide integrated site-wide navigation and to update UNAVCO's identity to achieve a clean, cohesive and forward-looking web presence.

You will find a new, crosscutting navigation at the top of the page.  These topical areas were developed to provide clear pathways to resources (data, software, instrumentation, learning, etc.) that are independent of UNAVCO program organizational structure.

Quick links to familiar places within the website will continue to be provided as a flat navigation at the bottom of the page.  There were some small improvements to the categorization that I wrote you of several weeks ago:  minor recategorization, more informative labels.

Those of you who use the PBO resources will find a greater degree of change than in other areas.  The new PBO website caps a year-long effort to simplify the layout and organization of PBO content and to refocus the site toward the needs of external users. Due to the re-categorization of content, there is not a one-to-one match from old domain pages to the new domain pages. The sub-domain for the PBO web environment has been changed from PBOWEB.UNAVCO.ORG to simply PBO.UNAVCO.ORG. Please update your links, URL references, or bookmarks  to point to this new sub-domain.

Please note that some embedded functionality using third party software (such as the UNAVCO Forums) could not co-exist with both older and newer designs.  So if you encounter the old look, expect this to be resolved over the next few weeks.

Finally, if you have any questions, please contact us at: webmaster at unavco.org

While many people contributed substantively to this project, my special thanks go to the web team that drove this project to success:  Shelley Olds, Jim Riley and Brian Blackman.  They were a model for teamwork and perseverance!

Regards,

meghan at unavco.org

http://www.unavco.org/community/policies_forms/acknowledgment.html