[unav_all] AGU announcement

Meghan Miller meghan at unavco.org
Sun Jul 3 13:45:18 MDT 2011

O. de Viron, K. Heki, S. Mazzotti and M. Van Camp organize a session, which may be of interest for UNAVCO members.
G18: Small is Beautiful - the Chase for Low Amplitude Signals

Presently, geodetic techniques allow measuring deformations or changes in ice caps, ground water, sea level at the mm/yr level, and gravity changes at the µGal/yr level. Challenges are to monitor changes at the 0.1 mm/yr or sub-µGal/year levels, which is paramount to evidence subtle movement or mass variations. We solicit contributions dealing with the acquisition, interpretation, and modelling of small signals (like absolute and relative gravimetry, GNSS, InSAR, GRACE, tide gauge). We especially welcome contributions considering the integration of geodesy with other techniques like hydrology, seismology, or geologic studies, to improve our understanding of small amplitude geological or hydrological processes.
We are looking forward to meeting you at the next AGU Fall meeting.
O. de Viron, K. Heki, S. Mazzotti and M. Van Camp

--

Michel Van Camp, PhD

Royal Observatory of Belgium
Seismology section