[unav_all] AGU Special Session - S13: Lessons Learned From the 2010, Maule Earthquake

Susan Beck slbeck at email.arizona.edu
Wed Jun 22 10:49:11 MDT 2011

Dear Colleagues,

We encourage abstract submissions for the AGU special session on the 2010 Maule Earthquake and related phenomena. For additional information or questions on the session, please contact one of the conveners.  Please note the AGU abstract deadline is now Aug. 4, 2011.

For more information see:
http://sites.agu.org/fallmeeting/scientific-program/session-search/727

S13: Lessons Learned From the 2010, Maule Earthquake
Sponsor: Seismology (S)
Co-Sponsor(s): Natural Hazards (NH)

Description: The Mw=8.8, February 27, 2010 Maule earthquake was one of the largest subduction zone earthquakes to occur recently along the Chile trench. A large range of instrumentation was deployed immediately after the earthquake to compliment existing data. We encourage contributions that address interdisciplinary studies of the Maule earthquake, aftershocks, the seismic cycle, fore-arc and arc structure, crustal deformation, and associated phenomena including the tsunami and tremor events. We especially encourage contributions that make use of the instrumentation deployed after the mainshock. Comparison studies with other great subduction zone earthquakes including the 2004 Sumatra earthquake and the 2011 Japan earthquake are welcomed.

Convener(s):

 Anne Meltzer
Lehigh University
ameltzer at lehigh.edu