[unav_all] Georgia Tech Faculty Position in Solid-Earth Geosciences

Andrew Newman anewman at gatech.edu
Fri Aug 24 12:04:19 MDT 2012

*Faculty Position in Solid Earth Geosciences*

The School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences (EAS) at Georgia Tech
invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in solid-earth
geosciences. We are seeking candidates interested in a range of topics
that complement our existing strengths: tectonophysics, electric field
methods, quantitative geomorphology, rock mechanics, physical petrology,
seismology, geodynamics, geodesy, volcanology, and processes related to
geologic hazards.  We are particularly interested in candidates that
incorporate field-based research with numerical and/or laboratory
studies. Applicants at the Assistant Professor level are sought,
although outstanding individuals at all levels will be considered. We
seek individuals who are interested in working in a dynamic
interdisciplinary academic and research environment that includes
geophysics, planetary sciences, geochemistry and geobiology, atmospheric
chemistry and dynamics, oceanography, and paleoclimatology.

Georgia Tech, consistently a top ranked educational/research
institution, is undergoing growth in earth and planetary sciences. The
School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences currently has 29 faculty
members and 93 graduate students, and has excellent facilities in the
265,000 square-foot Environmental Science and Technology Building. For
more information about our School and academic programs, visit
www.eas.gatech.edu. Applicants should send an application letter,
curriculum vitae, a statement of research and teaching interests, and
the names and contact information for at least three references. PDF
applications should be emailed to facultysearch at eas.gatech.edu. Requests
for information should be directed to Dr. Andrew Newman
(anewman at gatech.edu). Applications will be considered beginning November
1, 2012 but the search will continue until the position is filled.
Georgia Tech is a unit of the University System of Georgia and an equal
education/employment opportunity institution.

--
Andrew V. Newman                anewman at gatech.edu
Associate Professor
School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
Georgia Institute of Technology
311 Ferst Drive               Office: 404-894-3976
ES&T, Room 2254                  Lab: 404-385-2050
Atlanta, GA, 30332-0340          Fax: 404-894-5638
http://geophysics.eas.gatech.edu/anewman