[unav_all] Professorship in Satellite Geomagnetism or Geodesy at Leeds

Tim Wright [SEE] T.J.Wright at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Feb 1 03:14:05 MST 2012

Full professorship in Satellite Geomagnetism or Geodesy

The University of Leeds, UK, seeks to develop its activity in satellite geomagnetism or geodesy through a leadership chair in the School of Earth and Environment. This is part of a £23m strategic investment to enhance our standing as a world-leading university by combining internationally-leading research with outstanding student education. The post would suite anyone who uses or develops satellite remote sensing for understanding physical processes both on and under the Earth's surface.

The new chair will join the internationally-leading Deep Earth Group, part of the Institute of Geophysics and Tectonics, and is expected to provide academic leadership both through their own research and the encouragement and development of colleagues. We seek a chair who will interface directly with satellite data and has a proven successful track record in attracting research funding.

Further details of relevant research at the University can be found at
http://www.see.leeds.ac.uk/research/igt/

For further information and to apply, please visit
http://www.universityofleedschairs.co.uk/

Preliminary enquiries about the position may be made to Prof. Jurgen Neuberg, tel +44 113 343 6769, email: J.Neuberg at leeds.ac.uk<mailto:J.Neuberg at leeds.ac.uk>.

The closing date for applications is March 30th 2012.