[unav_all] Deadline approaching for workshop on TeachingStructural Geology, Geophysics, and Tectonics in the 21st Century

Michael E. Wysession michael at mantle.wustl.edu
Mon Feb 6 11:37:13 MST 2012

In July, the NSF-funded project /On the Cutting Edge/ is convening a
workshop to be held at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville on
*Teaching Structural Geology, Geophysics, and Tectonics in the 21st
Century*. If you teach any of these disciplines at the undergraduate
level, we hope that you will apply to attend the workshop. *The online
application deadline is February 15.* If you have already applied or
cannot attend, we hope that you will pass this announcement on to
interested colleagues. You can find the workshop description, plus the
online application, at

http://serc.carleton.edu/NAGTWorkshops/structure/SGT2012/index.html

The workshop will be a collaborative effort among attending participants
and will focus on developing ideas for teaching the frontiers, leading
edge ideas, and grand challenges in structural geology, geophysics, and
tectonics, for addressing the interfaces among these disciplines, and
for teaching these disciplines more effectively at the undergraduate level.

As a side note, this workshop will build on work done at the Structural
Geology and Tectonics Forum to be held at Williams College in mid-June,
and, if your specialty is structural geology or tectonics, we hope that
you will consider attending both workshops.

Please contact us if you have questions!

Your friendly workshop conveners,

Barb Tewksbury
Greg Baker
Bill Dunne
Kip Hodges
Paul Karabinos
Michael Wysession

Michael Wysession
Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences
Campus Box 1169
Washington University
St. Louis, MO  63130
michael at wucore.wustl.edu