[unav_all] Fwd: UNAVCO program realignment

Meghan Miller meghan at unavco.org
Fri Feb 24 11:33:15 MST 2012

Colleagues,

I am writing to update you on the transition within UNAVCO that Bill Holt described in September (appended below).  We have made measured progress in aligning UNAVCO activities with the three  reconfigured programs:  Geodetic Infrastructure, Geodetic Data Services, and Education & Community Engagement.  These activities are supported by Business Affairs and the Executive Office.    International and public/policy outreach will be under my direct purview, and targeted to address specific recommendations that emerged from the management review of a year ago.  Most employees will keep the same primary reporting relationship, as about 20% of the organization will change supervisors. Approximately 30% will be assigned under a new director, when the Geodetic Infrastructure position has been filled.  Some transitions began as early as February 1, and nearly all will be complete by April 2  - or upon the hire of the new directors....

We are excited about the changes within UNAVCO.   We have already found some strong synergies and ways to enhance the work of UNAVCO staff members.

These changes are likely to be largely invisible to most of you, although you might find a former PBO engineer supporting your PI project abroad, or a former "Facility" staff member working on an EarthScope related task.  If you ever need quick guidance about where to go, drop a line to support at unavco.org.  The Support page in our global navigation continues to be a good point of entry for larger requests:   http://www.unavco.org/support/support.html

If you are interested in the new structure, the org charts are available on the web:
http://www.unavco.org/aboutus/aboutus.html

The search for a director of Geodetic Infrastructure is progressing well.  We also have an open directorship for Education and Community Engagement, and screening begins in early March.  I hope that you will spread the word on this.  It is posted at: https://unavcocareers.silkroad.com/.    We have a number of other vacancies posted there, including some summer student internships.

I look forward to seeing many of you next week!  We have more than 200 registrants - a record.

Best,

meghan at unavco.org

http://www.unavco.org/community/policies_forms/acknowledgment.html

Begin forwarded message: