[unav_all] Jan 25 deadline - UNAVCO Science Workshop
meghan at unavco.org
Thu Jan 19 13:11:01 MST 2012
The deadline for registration for the UNAVCO Science Workshop - January 25 - is rapidly approaching. We are finalizing the agenda with six excellent plenary sessions, Naomi Oreskes has agreed to give the keynote Tuesday evening! She most recently authored "Merchants of Doubt" which is a must read. More on her later....
http://www.unavco.org/community/meetings-events/2012/sciworkshop12/sciworkshop12.html (also linked from our home page highlights)
Exploring landscape dynamics with terrestrial imaging: From tectonics to surface processes
High-rate GPS seismology and strainmeter observations
Glaciology, ice loss, and deformation of solid earth
Seafloor geodesy, innovative and collaborative sea floor observing facilities and subduction zones
Volcanic processes and deformation
We also have a nice roster of breakouts, although there is room for one or two more if your topic is missing from this list:
Regular breakouts: Special Topics Sessions....... If your topic is missing, write to volunteer! (magliocca at unavco.org, meghan at unavco.org)
· Taking the long view to 2018 and beyond: What is completely new that we aren't yet thinking about?
· Tohoku earthquake geodesy
· Geodesy community cyberinfrastructure, software tools, and data products
· Borehole geodesy – strain, pore pressure, tilt, seismic observations: recent advances, future directions, and needed
· COCONet infrastructure, science, and partnership building
· Focus on Alaska & Aleutians: EarthScope 2013 – 2018 & synergies with GEOPRISMS
· GPS Explorer interactive tutorial
· Synoptic science in Central and Eastern North America: PBO, USArray, & GEOPRISMS
· Andean Hazards Laboratory
· Geodesy on global plate boundaries: Iceland & Africa
· New directions for Geodetic imaging: t-radar, Lidar - tripod, airborne, INSAR, data processing & analysis
· Undergraduate Geodesy Curriculum
· Next generation global geodesy: Infrastructure requirements for high precision global geodesy
· Ice loss, glacial isostatic adjustment & sea level
· ETS and the earthquake cycle around the world
· Tell us what's missing and volunteer to lead!
Lunch roundtables (formerly Mini - Special Topics Sessions or Mini-STS):
Schedule now by writing Jaime or self-organize on site.....
Submit an abstract for a poster, and watch the website for updates!
Check back to the website for agenda updates..... We are posting it as I write, but some of the details are still getting firmed up!
I will send you another reminder next week.....
M. Meghan Miller
6350 Nautilus Drive
Boulder, CO 80301
By cell: 720/320-0026
meghan at unavco.org
Please acknowledge UNAVCO sponsors and awards:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the unav_all