[unav_all] geodesist for airborne work

Robin Bell robinb at ldeo.columbia.edu
Wed Jan 11 10:41:06 MST 2012

 I have an ongoing development project that involves taking the radar/laser/camera/magnetic systems that I normally put on a Twin Otter and put them on a pod attached to the door of an LC-130.  The goal is to have a flexible system that can be mounted on any of the aircraft used by NSF in the polar regions.  We will fly it in Greenland for the first time this July.  I am looking for a geodesist to work on the positioning problem with out engineering group.  This would be a 2-3 year position.  Either  as a post-doc or an engineer.

Please let me know if you have ideas on someone who would be interested in this project.  The url for the project is below.

Cheers,

Robin

http://www.ldeo.columbia.edu/res/pi/icepod/
--