[unav_all] Community Workshop Announcement: Real-Time GPS Data
Products and Formats
mencin at unavco.org
Wed Jan 25 07:54:16 MST 2012
We would like to bring your attention to an upcoming community workshop "Real-Time GPS Position Data Products and Formats" to be held Mar. 26-28, 2012 in Boulder, CO.
RTGPS and its integration with other data streams has received considerable attention in the last few years in its application to seismic source characterization, tsunami characterization, volcanic events, early warning, cryospheric applications, tropospheric modeling and space weather applications. The extent of large community networks, multiple end users and multiple processing groups warrants the need for community driven standards for data product formats.
The goals of the workshop are to establish requirements and capture ideas needed to pursue current and future development of: 1) RTGPS data products, 2) RTGPS data processing and analysis and 3) definition and adaptation of RTGPS formats and standards for data and metadata including data/metadata exchange, archiving, interoperability, precision and accuracy. Specifically:
• Define RTGPS position data products that best suit the broad range of user community requirements. This also includes associated factors such as reliability, up-time requirements and quality control.
• Define data formats that best serve these data products. Many formats exist to serve current user communities: NMEA, RTCM, BINEX, SEED/MiniSEED, RYO and others. The individual user communities, producers and developers must drive and define those formats that best serve the larger community.
• Define community based data acquisition and data processing strategies.
• Define community data archiving needs and requirements.
• Define technology requirements that best serve the RTGPS community. These include communications, GPS receivers, and ancillary sensors.
Registration is now open at:
Limited travel support is available through the application process. Students are especially encouraged to apply.
This workshop is funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF) and organized by UNAVCO.
On behalf of the workshop Organizing Committee, thank you for your interest and we hope to see you in Boulder in March.
Real-Time GPS Position Data Products and Formats Organizing Committee:
David Mencin, UNAVCO
John Langbein, USGS
William Hammond, UNR
Bob Woodward, IRIS
Charles Meertens, UNAVCO
UNAVCO/Plate Boundary Observatory
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the unav_all