[unav_all] AGU session G008- Geodesy and Natural and Induced Hazards: Progress During 32 Years of the WEGENER Initiative

Haluk Ozener ozener at boun.edu.tr
Fri Jul 6 07:33:19 MDT 2012

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce Session G008- Geodesy and Natural and Induced Hazards: Progress During 32 Years of the WEGENER Initiative at the 2012 American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting on Monday, 3 December - Friday, 7 December 2012 in San Francisco, California.
----------
Session G008 on Geodesy and Natural and Induced Hazards: Progress During 32 Years of the WEGENER Initiative:
For the past 32 years, the WEGENER project of IAG has served as a forum to encourage, coordinate, and provide international linkages for multidisciplinary projects that are centered on geodetic monitoring of the Earth system. In this session, we seek contributions that emphasize multidisciplinary studies of natural and human-induced hazards using geodetic techniques (GPS, InSAR, LiDAR, space/air/terrestrial gravity, ground-based geodetic observations), complementary geologic and geophysical observations, and modelling approaches. Fundamental studies of natural and induced physical phenomena, strategies to develop early warning and rapid response systems, and education and development programs are welcome
----------
We held a similar session in EGU meeting last year and it was one of the most popular Geodesy sessions in 2011.   This session is co-sponsored by Atmospheric Sciences (A), Natural Hazards (NH), Seismology (S) and Tectonophysics (T). We expect considerable and diverse interest in the topic and we’re looking forward to an enjoyable and exciting session.

Please consider submitting an abstract for this Geodesy session.  Check the meeting website for updates, and complete submission policies: http://fallmeeting.agu.org

Please note – the deadline for abstracts is 8 August 2012, so please plan accordingly and submit your abstract soon.  The first author must be an AGU member or sponsored by a member.

This session will be scheduled by AGU as either oral or poster or both, depending on the number and quality of the abstracts submitted.  Authors will be informed in September regarding the date and format (oral or poster) of their paper.

We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for considering this opportunity to share your research and applications insights.  Please forgive us if you receive multiple postings as we are seeking to distribute this announcement broadly to reach as many disciplines as appropriate.

Sincerely,

Haluk Ozener
Bogazici University, Kandilli Observatory and Earthquake Research Institute
ozener at boun.edu.tr

Susanna Zerbini
University of Bologna
susanna.zerbini at unibo.it