[unav_all] PANAF 2012] - Call for Abstracts; deadline TODAY (18 June, Monday)

M. Ersen AKSOY ersenma at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 17:43:33 MDT 2012

Apologies for cross-posting
**********************

Dear Colleagues
Please notice that the abstract submission deadline of PANAF is TODAY (18 June 2012, Monday) and that you are cordially invited to submit abstracts to the meeting.

PANAF 2012 “Paleoseismology Along the North Anatolian Fault” (topics are not limited to NAF)
8-12 October, 2012
Istanbul Teknik Üniversitesi, Istanbul Turkey.

The meeting intents gathering earth scientists interested on the paleoseismicity and recent earthquake activity of the North Anatolian Fault and other major fault systems. We intent establishing a state of art for paleoseismic investigations along active fault systems, with particular interest to NAF and promote discussions to shape future projects. Besides, we will be commemorating the 100th year of the large 9 August 1912 Mürefte Earthquake (M 7.4), and present recent studies on the devastating event.

Click the click to download the second <http://www.panaf.itu.edu.tr/Belge.aspx?belgeId=10584>  circular of the meeting to read more about PANAF. Besides, here you can find a list of participating <http://www.panaf.itu.edu.tr/Icerik.aspx?sid=11187>  colleagues.

You are cordially invited to visit the PANAF 2012 web site (www.panaf.itu.edu.tr) and to consider submitting articles. Abstract submission is still open and the deadline is 18 June 2012.
We are looking forward to meet you in Istanbul,
Best wishes,
On behalf of the organising committee,

M. Ersen AKSOY,
PANAF 2012: www.panaf.itu.edu.tr

PS: Please think of forwarding this e-mail to colleagues of yours. The meeting poster can be  <http://www.panaf.itu.edu.tr/Belge.aspx?belgeId=10493> downloaded from the meeting website if you like to hang it at your institution; we would value your contribution.

M. Ersen AKSOY
Instituto Dom Luiz

Universidade de Lisboa

Campo Grande, Edif. C8, piso 3.