[unav_all] New UNAVCO Program Director, Education and Community Engagement

Meghan Miller meghan at unavco.org
Tue Jun 19 09:33:25 MDT 2012

Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to announce that Dr. Donna Charlevoix has agreed to accept the post of Program Director, Education and Community Engagement at UNAVCO, and will begin on July 3.  She brings many assets to UNAVCO, including substantive contributions in climate curriculum reform at the University of Illinois, and progressive leadership positions within the GLOBE Program at UCAR.   Her experience in geosciences education and outreach varies broadly, and includes substantive contributions to curriculum reform, student engagement, building diversity, and facility education and outreach at UCAR.

Donna's responsibilities will include:
Leading program staff in education and science community outreach, securing resources for and providing services to support the program on behalf of the UNAVCO science community. She will set direction aligned with science community planning and UNAVCO governance, and develops support for the program on behalf of the science community. Geodetic data sets that UNAVCO currently supports include campaign, continuous and high rate, low latency GPS; terrestrial laser scanning; strain and borehole seismic data; meteorological observations; and geodetic imaging (SAR and LiDAR) acquired from a variety of platforms.

The director develops and advances relevant geodesy community projects directly and through program staff. The Director interacts with program sponsors at the National Science Foundation, NASA, USGS, and other agencies as appropriate to advance program goals. The Director is required to oversee program planning, staff, projects, and activities.

We are very much looking forward to being at full capacity on the senior management team, and with some great new talent.

Please join me in congratulating Donna!  We are so pleased.

Best,

M. Meghan Miller, Ph.D.

meghan at unavco.org

http://www.unavco.org/community/policies_forms/acknowledgment.html