[unav_all] Reminder: Active Tectonics Study

Barrett Salisbury jbsalisb at asu.edu
Tue Mar 13 15:55:41 MDT 2012

Dear UNAVCO Researchers,

Thank you to those who have had a chance to participate in our study!  This
is a friendly reminder that we are nearing the submission deadline.  If you
can, please take a few minutes to measure some tectonic offsets.  Even if
you only measure one you will be doing us a big favor!

We are testing the repeatability, accuracy, and precision of lateral
displacement measurements derived from high-resolution topographic Light
Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) data.  This study is supported by the U.S.
Geological Survey, the Southern California Earthquake Center, and the
Working Group on California Earthquake Probabilities.  All are welcome to
participate, so please help us spread the word.  The deadline for
submissions is March 16th.

Participation will involve a brief introduction to one of three measurement
methods, measuring up to ten offset features, and completing a brief
experience questionnaire.   The surveys, along with more background
information, can be found at:

http://stockdale.sese.asu.edu/Validation/validationindex.html

If you have any questions concerning the research study or are interested
in using it as a classroom activity, please contact Barrett Salisbury via
email at jbsalisb at asu.edu.

Thank you for your time!

Barrett Salisbury (M.S.), Dr. Ramon Arrowsmith, and Dr. Thomas Rockwell