[unav_all] Use or visit UNAVCO's booth at AGU! Sign up by Wednesday November 21

Meghan Miller meghan at unavco.org
Thu Nov 15 09:08:36 MST 2012

UNAVCO Community members,

We are looking forward to being part of 'NSF Street' at AGU in December at booth #118.  We are again offering ways for you to take advantage of the exhibit space:

 • Use the UNAVCO Booth and digital display as a venue to showcase your UNAVCO-related and UNAVCO-supported projects and products
 • Schedule small meetings (three or four people) at our cafe table
 • Use the booth for short 'mini' exhibits, perhaps following a relevant science session

We encourage you to use the booth and its large-screen (40" ) display capabilities to highlight the plans or activities of your organization for a larger audience.

In recent years, topics have included:
• New data viewers
• New teaching materials
• New data sources and new data access tools
• Opportunities to participate in RESESS
• Recent findings (as a way to expand on a science talk)
• New activities or opportunities of interest to the UNAVCO community

UNAVCO will work with you to schedule and advertise the presentations and mini-exhibits.

To schedule a time, please use this link:
http://doodle.com/h59g9bhbng9q38ie
Enter your email address; we will confirm with you about time and title. Signing up early will ensure you can secure the time slot that works best for you. Please sign up by Wednesday, November 21, 2012.
You can also contact Megan Berg directly at berg at unavco.org

The display has a secure internet connection, or you can also connect your own laptop.  Please email Megan Berg (mberg at unavco.org) if you have any questions about display options.

We have requests for you as a community member. In exchange for your time, UNAVCO is offering your choice of one of our three new bumper stickers below. (See below!).

1. We are seeking scientists to speak with Megan Berg on camera about how they have used UNAVCO services for their projects and programs. The interviews will be edited and placed into a short UNAVCO video that is currently in production. The process takes 10-15 minutes at the UNAVCO booth. This is a great opportunity to highlight your research and reach a broader audience. If interested, please contact Megan Berg - berg at unavco.org.

2. We will be seeking input on community needs for professional development -  what would you like to see UNAVCO offer in the future as far as short courses for investigators, post-docs and graduate students?   Please look for a message from Donna Charlevoix on that topic.

Please let us know how else we can help increase the visibility of your projects.

Warm regards,

meghan at unavco.org

http://www.unavco.org/community/policies_forms/acknowledgment.html