[unav_all] UNAVCO Annual Meeting - Tuesday evening at AGU

Meghan Miller meghan at unavco.org
Fri Nov 16 06:00:33 MST 2012

UNAVCO Annual Meeting
San Francisco Marriott Hotel – Golden Gate C1
Date: December 4, 2012
Time: 7:30 - 9 p.m.
Follows the Geodesy Section Reception in Golden Gate C 2 - 3 at 6:30 - look for AGU announcement

Colleagues,

We are looking forward to seeing you at AGU!  There are a number of events that may be of interest to you - the Bowie Lecture, the UNAVCO Annual Meeting and related activities, the UNAVCO booth which I wrote you about earlier, and many splinter meetings on topics of community projects and governance.....   You will hear from the Geodesy Section leadership about Tuesday's Geodesy Reception.  UNAVCO Education and Community Engagement is working on a coordinated calendar for community events and any poster or abstract presentations that include the keyword UNAVCO.  We hope to make that available to you in advance of the meeting.

Tuesday afternoon and evening are busy for Geodesy:
5:00 - 6:00  	Bowie Lecture:  How attractive is our planet?
			Reinhard F. Rummel
			104 Moscone South

6:30			Geodesy Section Reception
			Look for invitation from the section leadership
			Golden Gate C2 - C3, San Francisco Marriott

7:30 - 9:00	UNAVCO Annual Meeting and Election
			Golden Gate C1, San Francisco Marriott
			Wendy Harrison guest speaker

One highlight of the annual meeting is that Wendy Harrison, the new Division Director of NFS's Earth Sciences, will speak at the UNAVCO meeting!  We will follow the format of last year - with tables and refreshments, written reports to the membership from the Treasurer and the Advisory Committees.  I will report to you on another successful year at UNAVCO,  and the direction that laid out in the proposal for the 2013 - 2018 UNAVCO Community proposal - Geodesy Advancing Geosciences and EarthScope: The GAGE Facility.    This was the major thrust for the UNAVCO Board, governance, community, and staff.   We will also introduce the new senior staff members - Glen Mattioli, Program Director of the Geodetic Infrastructure, Donna Charlevoix, Program Director for Education and Community Engagement, and Linda Rowan, Director of External Affairs.  And we will learn the result of the election.

If you want your presentation listed on the UNAVCO AGU calendar and UNAVCO is not a keyword in your abstract, please send the link to Megan Berg  megan at unavco.org  by Monday November 26.  Thanks!

See you there!

meghan at unavco.org

http://www.unavco.org/community/policies_forms/acknowledgment.html