[unav_all] Announcement: InTeGrate Town Hall @ AGU

olds olds at unavco.org
Mon Nov 19 13:53:41 MST 2012

*Want to have an impact with your research and teaching? *
Please join us at a Town Hall meeting
for<http://serc.carleton.edu/integrate>
*InTeGrate <http://serc.carleton.edu/integrate>: Interdisciplinary
Teaching of Geoscience for a Sustainable Future*
/AGU Town Hall TH22L//
//Tuesday, December 4, 2012, 12:30 - 1:30 pm //
//Moscone West - Room 2018/

*Description*
InTeGrate is an NSF-funded community project to improve geoscience
literacy and build a workforce that can make use of geoscience to
address societal issues. (See our website at
http://serc.carleton.edu/integrate.) At this town hall AGU members can
learn about the first year of the InTeGrate project, hear about
opportunities to be involved in materials development teams,
implementation programs, and workshops in the upcoming year, and give
input on future directions for the project.

*Program*
_Introduction:_

  * What is InTeGrate and who is involved?
  * What InTeGrate is doing - resource collections, teaching materials
    development, workshops, and professional development
  * Upcoming events and plans for 2013 - opportunities for you to become
    involved in curriculum development and the 2013 workshop series

_Community discussion addressing:_

  * Plans for upcoming events and materials development are still
    evolving based on results and input from community. What would you
    like to see happen?
  * We aren't the only ones with good ideas. What successful
    programs/materials/workshops should we know about and try to build
    on/partner with/etc.?
  * We want to achieve systemic, transformative results. How do we do
    this? Who do we need to get involved?

*Questions**? *Contact Anne Egger (annegger at geology.cwu.edu)

Anne E. Egger
Assistant Professor
Geological Sciences and Science Education
Central Washington University
400 E. University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7418

*Office:* Hebeler 109