[unav_all] AGU - UNAVCO Annual Meeting

Meghan Miller meghan at unavco.org
Fri Dec 6 09:29:53 MST 2013

UNAVCO Colleagues,

On behalf of the board, I invite you to join us for the UNAVCO Annual Meeting Tuesday, evening.  It follows the nearby Geodesy Section Reception at 6:30 p.m. (SF Marriott Marquis Golden Gate B).

As for last year, we will have table seating and refreshments.  The committee and treasurer's reports will be in a handout for you to peruse.  We will introduce you to the COCONet Graduate Fellows, hear Michael Freilich's thoughts on the national strategy for civil Earth observations and NASA's decadal survey.  Bob Smith has kindly agreed to provide a retrospective on the origins of UNAVCO as we prepare to celebrate UNAVCO's 30th anniversary in 2014.  And I will bring you current on some events from 2013 - both its fine successes and some more harrowing experiences such as floods and other dangers.

The board has asked me to allow some time for community comments, with an individual limit of 2 minutes.

Warm regards,
Meghan

UNAVCO Annual Meeting
Tuesday, December 10 - 7:30 - 9:00 p.m.
San Francisco Marriott Golden Gate C1

AGENDA
 **Final Balloting open until 8pm (Pacific Time)**

7:30pm        Welcome (5 min)
      Carol Raymond, Chair of the UNAVCO Board of Directors

7:35pm        COCONet Fellowship Recognition (10 min)
       Glen Mattioli, Director, Geodetic Infrastructure

7:45pm        Guest Speaker (15 min)
      Michael H. Freilich, Earth Science Division Director, NASA

8:00pm        Community Guest Speaker (25 min)
      Bob Smith, University of Utah

8:25pm        UNAVCO Annual Report & Election results (20 min)
      Meghan Miller, President, UNAVCO

8:45pm        Community Open Mic (15 min)
      UNAVCO Community Members
      (limited to 2 minutes per person)

9:00pm        Conclusion of Business Meeting

I have also attached the AGU Geodesy Section announcement and links for this year's AGU award winners, the Geodesy Section newsletter with a list of AGU sessions and events, for your reference.  This came from Tim Dixon, Geoff Blewitt, and Giovanni Sella.   Note that the Geodesy Section Award went to UNAVCO Board Member Rowena Lohman!  Congratulations to Rowena....

I will send out a finalized agenda closer to the time of the meeting.  I look forward to seeing you in San Francisco!

Best,

meghan at unavco.org

http://www.unavco.org/community/policies_forms/acknowledgment.html