[unav_all] Event response for SE Alaska M 7.5 earthquake

Meghan Miller meghan at unavco.org
Sat Jan 5 09:37:42 MST 2013

UNAVCO Community Members,

Just before midnight in SE Alaska last night, a strike-slip earthquake occurred and is said by the USGS to be on the Queen Charlotte fault.   This event is within the EarthScope footprint, UNAVCO has activated high rate data downloads for the 19  PBO stations that lie within 1000 km as well as strain meter data.  These data streams will be available as communications from these remote stations allow.

Should there be interest in additional services (data, equipment, or logistics support; community communications through a discussion forum or event web page) please forward your requests.  We intend to establish a discussion forum thread, which are indexed at:
http://www.unavco.org/voce/viewforum.php?f=30&sid=aadb44211b79d2266906c1e3990b3817
So look there for a thread.

Dave Mencin has been designated UNAVCO's Event Response Coordinator.  His contact information is found at the end of this message.  We try to drive as much communication as possible to a forum so that anyone who enters the conversation can view the history of communications to date.

Please find UNAVCO’s Event Response policy at: http://www.unavco.org/community/policies_forms/Event-Response.pdf

Event response capability is also linked through this page:
http://www.unavco.org/support/event-response/event-response.html

Also remember that UNAVCO's Project Support Request form is always an appropriate point of entry if you don't know where else to start.  It is linked from "Support" on our front page and found directly from:
http://www.unavco.org/support/support.html

The USGS event page for this earthquake:
Earthquake:  http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/usc000cfsd#summary

If you have equipment, logistics, or data services needs, information to share, or results to post, please send them to Dave Mencin and he will ensure the flow of information.

Dave's contact information is:
mencin at unavco.org
UNAVCO
6350 Nautilus Drive