[unav_all] S09: The 2012, M 7.6, Nicoya, Costa Rica Earthquake: Seismogenic Zone Science at the Bull's-Eye of an NSF MARGINS SEIZE Focus Site at the AGU Meeting of the Americas

Jaime Magliocca jmaglio at unavco.org
Wed Jan 9 12:33:42 MST 2013

Dear Colleagues:

Please consider submitting an abstract to special session S09: The 2012, M 7.6, Nicoya, Costa Rica Earthquake: Seismogenic Zone Science at the Bull's-Eye of an NSF MARGINS SEIZE Focus Site at the AGU Meeting of the Americas in Cancun, Mexico May 14-17, 2013 (abstract deadline February 6, 2013).

For over a decade the Nicoya Peninsula has been a focus site for the MARGINS Seismogenic Zone Experiment and the target of intense field studies of subduction zone seismicity, velocity structure, geodesy, geomorphology, and heat/fluid flux. The 5 September 2012 Nicoya earthquake ruptured the bull's-eye of this research target providing an important opportunity to advance our understanding of a wide spectrum of seismogenic zone behavior over time scales of seconds to millions of years. We welcome contributions on the 2012 earthquake, and other related earthquake research.

Conveners: Susan Schwartz (UCSC, syschwar at ucsc.edu), Tim Dixon (USF, thd at usf.edu), Marino Protti (OVSICORI-UNA, marino.protti at gmail.com), Jeff Marshall (Cal Poly Pomona, marshall at csupomoma.edu)

http://moa.agu.org   http://moa.agu.org/2013/scientific-program/sessions/s09