[unav_all] Spring AGU special session, Cancun

Taylor, Michael Halford mht at ku.edu
Fri Jan 11 16:01:09 MST 2013

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to call attention to special session T02 A top to bottom view of the dynamics of northern South America at the spring AGU meeting, Cancun Mexico, May 14-17th.  We encourage submissions from all of the geosciences – below is the session description.

Session T02: A top to bottom view of the dynamics of northern South America

The northern margins of the South American plate are shaped by the interactions between a heterogeneous lithosphere and upper mantle flow that is associated with several subducting plates and cratonic keels. Here, we solicit contributions from across the solid Earth sciences (including geodesy, geology, seismology, and geodynamics) that speak to better defining the expressions of, and the links between, deep and shallow dynamics, such as changes in slab morphology and their tectonic expressions as reflected in basin formation, orogeny, volcanism, fault system evolution, and intriguing seismicity patterns.

Conveners:
Thorsten Becker, USC
thorstinski at gmail.com

Gaspar Monsalve
Universidad Nacional de Colombia Sede Medell
gmonsalvem at unal.edu.co

Anne Sheehan
University of Colorado, Boulder
afs at cires.colorado.edu