[unav_all] Spots remaining 1/31 3 pm ET for "Understanding the NSF system: Some tips from a program officer's perspective"

Andy Frassetto andyf at iris.edu
Wed Jan 30 07:32:19 MST 2013

The next IRIS webinar will present "Understanding the NSF system: Some
tips from a program officer's perspective" on January 31, 2013 from 3-4
pm ET (8-9 pm UTC).

Register to attend, here:
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/562544426. You will then receive a
confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. The
presentation and subsequent Q&A session with the speaker will be
recorded and available for viewing within a few days. More information
on IRIS webinars, including links to previously recorded presentations
and related materials, may be found here: http://www.iris.edu/hq/webinar/

Presenter: Dr. Greg Anderson, National Science Foundation, EarthScope
Program Officer

Foundation (NSF) as competitive as possible, but how do I do that? How
do I find out what programs are out there? How do I know what a given
program is looking for? Where would be the best "home" for my proposal?
How do I articulate my ideas clearly, powerfully, and succinctly? What
"counts" as broader impacts, and how do I describe them convincingly?
How do I learn what my fellow PIs think makes a strong proposal? GPG,
DCL, REU, why so many acronyms and what do they mean? Won't my program
officer be annoyed if I call with questions? Greg Anderson, a program
officer in the NSF's Division of Earth Sciences, will share his thoughts
on all these questions and more (spoiler on the last question: No.
Really. Promise.) This Webinar is aimed primarily at early career folks,
but established PIs are welcome and may pick up some useful tips as well.

You may contact Andy Frassetto (andyf at iris.edu) with any inquiries.

System Requirements
PC-based attendees
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
Macintosh®-based attendees
Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer