[unav_all] Staff Scientist position in Geophysics

Diana Roman droman at dtm.ciw.edu
Thu Nov 14 07:27:09 MST 2013

Dear colleagues,

The Department of Terrestrial Magnetism (DTM) of the Carnegie
Institution of Washington seeks applications for a staff scientist
position in the broad field of geophysics, including but not limited to
seismology, geodynamics, volcano geophysics, tectonophysics, and
geodesy. Applicants who integrate across traditional boundaries,
especially those with planetary sciences and with geo- and
cosmo-chemistry, are particularly encouraged to apply. We seek
candidates who pursue innovative scientific programs, who will find
active collaborations with our current staff, perhaps involving
development of new instrumentation, and who are interested in the origin
and evolution of Earth and other planets.

The Carnegie Institution is a pure research organization. DTM does not
have teaching duties, but we place considerable emphasis on mentoring
postdoctoral scholars. Although DTM staff scientists are reviewed on a
five-year basis, staff scientist is our senior position. Applications
should be submitted through https://jobs.carnegiescience.edu/jobs/dtm/
and should include a curriculum vitae, brief statement of research
plans, and abstracts from the applicant's three most important papers.
Please also provide the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of
three professional referees, whose letters may be requested by DTM.
Questions may be sent to staffposition at dtm.ciw.edu. Review of
applications will begin January 15, 2014, and will continue until the
position is filled. Carnegie is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women,
minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.

--
Diana C. Roman
Department of Terrestrial Magnetism
Carnegie Institution of Washington