[unav_all] Faculty Position in Neotectonics

Gareth Funning gareth at ucr.edu
Thu Nov 14 09:41:30 MST 2013

Apologies in advance for any cross-postings...

--

FACULTY POSITION IN NEOTECTONICS

The Department of Earth Sciences at the University of California,
Riverside, invites applications for a faculty position in Neotectonics
(broadly defined) at the Assistant Professor level, available July 1,
2014.

We seek a candidate who conducts research into the kinematics,
mechanics, and interactions of faults, and how these features are
expressed geologically and/or geomorphically over Quaternary
timescales. We are particularly interested in candidates who
synthesize field observations with multiple independent datasets or
techniques (including, but not limited to satellite/airborne imagery,
LiDAR, near-surface geophysics and/or modeling) to address questions
about fault properties and faulting processes. The successful
candidate will be expected to develop a research program complementary
to our strengths in theoretical/numerical modeling of earthquakes and
earthquake processes, space geodetic studies of crustal deformation
due to faulting and earthquakes, observational seismology, and
experimental and theoretical investigations of rheological properties
as they pertain to earthquakes.

A successful candidate must have a strong commitment to excellence in
both research and teaching. Teaching responsibilities will include
undergraduate and graduate courses in or related to the area of
specialty.

A Ph.D. in a relevant field and a proven ability to conduct innovative
research are required. Interested individuals should submit a
curriculum vitae, statements of research and teaching interests, and
the details of 3-5 referees online at:
https://aprecruit.ucr.edu/apply/JPF00042. For additional information,
please contact the chair of the search committee, Dr. Gareth Funning:
gareth.funning at ucr.edu. Review of applications will begin December 16,
2013 and will continue until the position is filled. Salary will be
commensurate with education and experience.

Information about Earth Sciences at UCR is available at
earthsciences.ucr.edu; information about our Earthquake Processes and
Geophysics program can be found at ep.ucr.edu.  UCR is a core member
of the Southern California Earthquake Center.

The University of California is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity employer and supports dual career couples.