[unav_all] Special Topics Sessions, 2014 UNAVCO Science Meeting, March 3-6

Tim Melbourne tim at Geology.cwu.EDU
Mon Oct 14 11:00:39 MDT 2013

Dear Community Members:

I hope that you have blocked off your calendar for the coming UNAVCO
Science Meeting, to be held March 3 -- 6  2014, in Boulder, Colorado.
  Note that the meeting will begin Monday evening followed by  three
full days of sessions again this year, with a reception, poster session.
    So book your flights to get you there in time for Monday evening at
least, and stay through Thursday's afternoon session....

A few ideas have been put forward for the breakout/discussion sessions
known as Special Topics Sessions.  We need your ideas so that we can
shape the most interesting and appropriate mix. Where is your science
going, and what can UNAVCO as a community and a facility do to advance
new directions?  What technical hurdles or other challenges are timely
to address?  Think big and let us provide the venue.   A UNAVCO Staff
member will support each session, so you will have help.

Send us your thoughts so we can make a plan.  Please e-mail them to
Jaime Magliocca: magliocca at unavco.org <mailto:magliocca at unavco.org>, and
she will forward them to the organizing committee.

Regards,

Tim Melbourne, Central Washington University

For the 2014 Science Workshop Committee:
Rowena Lohman, Cornell University
Erik Ivins, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Gerald Bawden, USGS
Meghan Miller, UNAVCO