[unav_all] Short Course: Imaging and Analyzing Southern California’s Active Faults with Lidar

Christopher Crosby crosby at unavco.org
Mon Sep 30 12:29:32 MDT 2013

OpenTopography in collaboration with the Southern California Earthquake Center (SCEC), UNAVCO and EarthScope will be hosting a short course November 4-6, 2013 at the San Diego Supercomputer Center in La Jolla, California.  The course will focus on lidar technology, data processing and analysis techniques. We will emphasize fault trace and geomorphic mapping applications, integration with other geospatial data, and data visualization and analysis approaches.

More information on the course and a link to the application are available via the short course webpage: http://www.opentopography.org/index.php/resources/short_courses/13scec_course/

The application deadline is October 11th. We anticipate space for 35-40 participants in the course. Partial travel support will be available for course attendees, with preference given to students. In the event of high demand, admission preference will be given to researchers working on active faulting in southern California.

-cc

--
Christopher Crosby
Geodetic Imaging & OpenTopography Project Manager

crosby at unavco.org
http://www.unavco.org
http://opentopography.org