[unav_all] Mw 8.2 - Iquique, Chile - event response resources and protocols

Meghan Miller meghan at unavco.org
Thu Apr 3 18:54:59 MDT 2014

UNAVCO Community Members,

This message contains information on the activities that UNAVCO has undertaken in response to Wednesday's great earthquake in northern Chile http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/usc000nzvd#summary. Please find these resources on our web site:

                 • Freddy Blume and John Galetzka are the event response coordinators for this earthquake and are UNAVCO's points of contact:
				Freddy Blume <Blume at unavco.org>
				John Galetzka <galetzka at unavco.org>

                 • Please use the forum for communications and updates, so those who join the conversation at a later time can access the entire thread:
                                   http://www.unavco.org/voce/viewforum.php?f=58

                 • We have started a web page for preliminary results and other resources.  Please send your contributions to Beth Bartel <bartel at unavco.org>:
				Science highlight:  http://www.unavco.org/highlights/2014/iquique.html

                 • If you would like UNAVCO support for field project support, accessing data, geodesy education resources, coordination of community activities, or have other requests related to this event, please let us know and we will help with proposals and projects on a best effort basis within current scope or in support of securing new resources.  UNAVCO's Project Support Request form is always an appropriate point of entry if you don't know where else to start.  It is linked from our front page and found directly at:
				http://www.unavco.org/support/support.html
If you need help in filling out this form, call the event coordinator or your favorite UNAVCO staff member to work with you on this.

                 •  For inclusion in UNAVCO’s other web pages, send links (with a complete, copy-eidited caption, appropriate attribution and acknowledgment, and your name affiliation) to Beth Bartel <bartel at unavco.org>.

                   •  You can link to UNAVCO's science highlights and what's hot..... from our home page at:   http://www.unavco.org/

                 •  The event policy as well as the forum for this event can be accessed from:  http://www.unavco.org/support/event-response/event-response.html.

And, of course, you can always call me directly.

Finally, we are formally debriefing after each event to review and refine our response protocols.   If you have feedback on how we can continue to improve our web and community presence for earthquakes and other geophysical events, please write to me and to the event coordinator.

We look forward to hearing from you about your plan, needs and results.

Warm regards,

meghan at unavco.org

http://www.unavco.org/community/policies_forms/acknowledgment.html