[unav_all] New IRIS President

IRIS Webmaster webmaster at iris.washington.edu
Thu Apr 3 11:45:38 MDT 2014

Colleagues,
Please join me in congratulating Bob Detrick on his appointment.
Regards,
Meghan

Forwarded on behalf of:
Rob Woolley, IRIS
woolley at iris.edu

On behalf of the IRIS Board of Directors, I am extremely pleased to announce that Dr. Robert S. Detrick has accepted the position of IRIS President. Bob comes to IRIS with an impressive record of research in marine geophysics and seismology, extensive involvement with instrumentation and technology, and a broad range of experience in science and facility management in both academia and government.

Bob will begin his position as IRIS President April 28, 2014. As President Bob will be responsible for successful implementation of IRIS’ Cooperative Agreement with the NSF to operate and manage Seismological Facilities for the Advancement of Geoscience and EarthScope (SAGE) as well as facilities and programs supported by NSF awards from Polar Programs, Ocean Sciences, Integrative Computing, and Undergraduate Education. Bob will play an important roll in providing vision and leadership as the community looks to the future identifying priorities to support cutting edge science in seismology and geoscience.

Please go to http://www.iris.edu to learn more about Bob Detrick.

Anne Meltzer, Chair, IRIS Board of Directors
Professor and Trembley Chair
Earth and Environmental Sciences
Lehigh University