[unav_all] UNAVCO Annual Meeting following the Geodesy Section Reception Tuesday at AGU..... north of Union Square

Meghan Miller meghan at unavco.org
Mon Dec 8 14:53:04 MST 2014

UNAVCO Colleagues,

On behalf of the UNAVCO Board, I invite you to join us for the UNAVCO Annual Meeting Tuesday evening, December 16 at 7:30.  The meeting follows the nearby Geodesy Section Reception at 6:30 p.m. (Grand Hyatt Union Square, 345 Stockton Street, Ballroom East).

At the UNAVCO Annual Meeting (7:30 p.m., Grand Hyatt Union Square, 345 Stockton Street, Cypress AB), we will have table seating and light fare.  The committee and treasurer's reports will be in a handout for you to peruse.  We will introduce you to the COCONet Graduate Fellows, hear from governance about planning for future facilities.  NSF - EAR leaders Carol Frost and Sonia Esperança, have kindly agreed to provide a report, as well.  And I will bring you current on some events from 2014 in a brief annual report that will officially end our anniversary celebration of 30 Years of Geodesy Innovation for Science!

We will also learn the election results....

Regards,
Meghan
**************

UNAVCO Business Meeting
7:30p.m. - 9:00p.m.
Grand Hyatt Union Square
345 Stockton Street
San Francisco, CA

7:30 p.m.            	Greet and Seat

7:45 p.m.            	Welcome & Call for White papers for the GAGE SAGE Futures workshop - May 2015 (5 min)
				Rowena Lohman, Vice Chair of the UNAVCO Board of Directors

7:50 p.m.            	COCONet Fellowship Recognition (10 min)
				Linda Rowan, Director, External Affairs

8:00 p.m.            	PBO Futures Workshop - outcomes  (10 min)
				Jeff Freymueller, Chair, PBO Working Group and James Foster, Chair, GI Advisory Committee

8:10 p.m.            	Recognize Staff, UNAVCO Annual Report, and Election results (20 min)
				Meghan Miller, President, UNAVCO

8:30 p.m.            	Guest Speakers (20 min)
     				Carol Frost and Sonia Esperanca, Earth Sciences Division, NSF

8:50 p.m.            	Discussion & Comment

9:00 p.m. 		Adjourn

meghan at unavco.org

http://www.unavco.org/community/policies_forms/acknowledgment/acknowledgment.html