[unav_all] AGU Session #3486 "High-resolution topography for analyzing Earth-surface dynamics"

Christopher Crosby crosby at unavco.org
Wed Jul 30 09:36:18 MDT 2014

The AGU deadline is fast approaching (06-08-14) and on behalf of my co-conveners, I hope interested individuals would consider submitting an abstract to our AGU Session #3486 - "High-resolution topography for analyzing Earth-surface dynamics". The session description is below.

We are pleased to confirm the following invited speakers for this session:
Nancy Glenn
Edwin Nissen
Francis Rengers
Dimitri Lague

Feel free to contact any of us with further questions.

Best wishes,
Thad Wasklewicz, Paola Passalacqua, Ramon Arrowsmith, and Christopher Crosby

Session description:
The surface of the Earth is a dynamic interface on which atmospheric, hydrologic, geomorphic, biotic, tectonic, and human processes interact.  The prediction of water, sediment, and nutrient transfer, natural hazard mapping, radiation balance, and biophysical feedbacks that control landscape form and function have been previously limited by the coarse representation of the Earth's surface. High-resolution topography allows the characterization of many features and perturbations, both natural and anthropogenic, that exert control of mass and energy transfer at a range of spatial scales. We seek contributions that use high resolution topography data (e.g., airborne and terrestrial LiDAR, Structure from Motion, IfSAR) to further our understanding of Earth-surface processes, including how ecologic, hydrologic, geomorphic, and tectonic processes are coupled, how life and landscapes co-evolve, and how environmental fluxes are transported through landscapes. (https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm14/webprogrampreliminary/Session3486.html)

--
Christopher Crosby
Geodetic Imaging & OpenTopography Project Manager

crosby at unavco.org
http://www.unavco.org
http://opentopography.org