[unav_all] Changes coming to the UNAVCO website.....

Meghan Miller meghan at unavco.org
Tue May 6 16:06:07 MDT 2014

UNAVCO Colleagues,

Next week, we anticipate the release of a major upgrade to the UNAVCO website.   While it will have a similar look and feel to the current page, the new design completes the transition to a website that better reveals UNAVCO's community, your science, and facility services with an integrated web presence.   Its usability should also be strengthened in ways that are informed by use of the current pages.  And lastly, the new information architecture will support plans for a transition to a single content management system, that will help us keep content dynamic and current.

For those of you used to accessing content at pbo.unavco.org and facility.unavco.org, there will be redirects put in place to get you to (or close to) the content you seek.   The cross-cutting areas linked from the top of the page are being refined, the footer updated, and the internal workflow for requests that come in through the web optimized.

I will write you with more details on the day that the release is made, but I wanted to give you fair warning of the coming changes!  And thank you in advance for your patience with short-term impact.

Our anticipated release date is Tuesday, May 13.

Regards,

meghan at unavco.org

http://www.unavco.org/community/policies_forms/acknowledgment.html