[unav_all] UNAVCO site web upgrade

Meghan Miller meghan at unavco.org
Wed May 14 07:50:10 MDT 2014

UNAVCO Colleagues,

Last week, I wrote to you about the upcoming release of a major upgrade to the UNAVCO website.   The day has arrived for me to announce that the new web site is live!

Please join me in recognizing the extraordinary and sustained efforts of Lou Estey, Ngoc Nguyen, and Jim Riley in advancing this project.   Many other UNAVCO staff contributed, and are closely watching the content they are responsible for.

Please note a few issues, including the need to reload if section pages look odd:
Look for Help at the top of the page to access the Request Support form and request services or equipment (previously the Project Request Support form...)
Please review the new header and main section areas: Community to Education.   We have worked hard on the logic for these areas, and a little bit of familiarity will save you a lot of time in getting to what you need in the long run.
Please review the new footer for shortcuts to areas you are used to finding.   This area has been cleaned up, and a lot of frequently used content is directly available.  Some ancient links are gone, but the content is somewhere.  Let us know if you can't find the new pathway.
The left-hand navigation is also be more self-explanatory, if you take a minute to familiarize yourself with it.
All pages now have breadcrumbs that show you where you are in the navigation.  Look to the top of the white field to see your path.
As noted before, to access content previously at pbo.unavco.org and facility.unavco.org, there are redirects to get you to (or close to) the content you seek.    (A few redirects back to special pages at pbo.unavco.org and facility.unavco.org will temporarily continue to exist until that functionality can be completely migrated to the new server.)
Should there be an earthquake today, look for the renamed Geophysical Event Response page:
http://www.unavco.org/projects/project-support/geophysical-event-response/geophysical-event-response.html
Google indexing of the new site may take several days.  With luck, you will be able to access content through google by the end of the week.
Please email web-teamunavco.org — for problems, comments, or questions specific to UNAVCO's Web site and navigation.  Compliments to the team also welcomed!
And lastly,  there will be no changes to ftp  data  access.  (This question made those of us from the command-line generation feel the length of our time series!)
We hope that you like these new advances....  They will help us keep content fresh more seamlessly and efficiently.

Warm Regards,

meghan at unavco.org

http://www.unavco.org/community/policies_forms/acknowledgment.html