[unav_all] ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, GEOPHYSICAL FLUID DYNAMICS/CLIMATE DYNAMICS

seth at earth.northwestern.edu seth at earth.northwestern.edu
Fri Nov 14 09:34:08 MST 2014

ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, GEOPHYSICAL FLUID DYNAMICS/CLIMATE DYNAMICS

The Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences at Northwestern University
invites applications for a tenure track, assistant professor position in
geophysical fluid dynamics/climate dynamics, to begin as early as fall
2015.

Specifically, we seek a scientist who employs theoretical,
observational, and/or numerical methods to study coupled geophysical fluid
dynamical processes within the atmosphere, hydrosphere, cryosphere, and/or
lithosphere. Candidates whose expertise complements that of existing
faculty in solid earth geophysics, planetary science, and paleoclimate are
particularly encouraged.

The successful candidate is expected to teach both undergraduate
and graduate courses and lead a vibrant externally funded research
program. A Ph.D. is required at the time of appointment.Deadline for
applications is December 31, 2014. Applicants should visit our online
application site for submission instructions and to apply.

http://www.earth.northwestern.edu/GFDsearch/

Seth Stein
William Deering Professor
Department of Earth & Planetary Sciences
Room F498, 2145 Sheridan Road
Northwestern University
Evanston, IL 60208-3130
847-491-5265
http://www.earth.northwestern.edu/people/seth

New book:  Playing against Nature: Integrating Science and Economics to
Mitigate Natural Hazards in an Uncertain World
http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1118620828.html

MidContinent Rift Project results, publications, and information for
national park interpreters:
http://www.earth.northwestern.edu/people/seth/research/mcr.html