[unav_all] Faculty Position in Cryospheric Science at Stanford University

Paul Segall segall at stanford.edu
Fri Nov 14 10:40:25 MST 2014

Faculty Position in Cryospheric Science at Stanford University

 We invite applications for a tenure-track faculty position in the Department of Geophysics (https://earth.stanford.edu/geophysics) in the broadly defined field of cryospheric science. The appointment will be at the junior level (Assistant or untenured Associate Professor). We are most interested in scientists addressing the dynamics of the cryosphere through geophysical observations and/or theoretical/computational models. Areas of particular interest include, but are not limited to, polar ice sheets, permafrost, mountain glaciers, sea level rise, ice/ocean or ice/atmosphere interactions, and climate system feedbacks.

 The successful candidate will be expected to develop a world-class independent program of research, have a strong commitment to both graduate and undergraduate teaching, and initiate and sustain research collaborations across disciplines. A doctorate is required at the time of appointment.
 How to Apply
Applications should include a cover letter, curriculum vita, a statement of research and teaching interests, three recent publications, and the names and email addresses of three individuals from whom the search committee can request letters of reference. Please apply online at: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/4981. Review of applications will commence December 1, 2014. The position will remain open until filled. Questions related to your submission may be directed to csaplar at stanford.edu.

Contac Csilla M. Csaplár
 (650) 498-6877

csaplar at stanford.edu

 Stanford University has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity. In that spirit, we particularly encourage applications from women, members of ethnic minorities, and individuals with disabilities.

Prof. Paul Segall                      office: 650-725-7241
Department of Geophysics     fax:    650-725-7344
Stanford University                   segall at stanford.edu
Stanford, CA 94305	    https://pangea.stanford.edu/research/CDFM/index.html