[unav_all] Two deserving 2015 EGU medalists from the UNAVCO community

Meghan Miller meghan at unavco.org
Tue Oct 14 20:50:39 MDT 2014

Colleagues,

EGU recently posted the 2015 EGU medal recipients.  I am pleased to draw your attention to significant recognition  of two longstanding UNAVCO community members by the European Geophysical Union with Division Medals.

Kristine Larson will be awarded the Christiaan Huygens Medal
The Christiaan Huygens Medal has been established by the Geosciences Instrumentation and Data Systems Division to recognise significant contributions in the fields within the scope of the division. The medal will be awarded to an individual for an innovation, development or discovery that has had major impact in its field, or for a series of contributions, during an extended period, that has led to significant progress.

Geoff Blewitt will be awarded the Vening Meinesz Medal
This medal has been established by the Division on Geodesy in recognition of the scientific achievements of Vening Meinesz. It will be awarded by the European Geosciences Union for distinguished research in Geodesy.

For the full list, see:
http://www.egu.eu/news/126/egu-announces-2015-awards-and-medals/

Please join me in congratulating these two deserving medalists.

Best,

meghan at unavco.org

http://www.unavco.org/community/policies_forms/acknowledgment/acknowledgment.html