[unav_all] UNAVCO network outage Wednesday night

Mark Power mpower at unavco.org
Tue Aug 11 13:15:06 MDT 2015

All,

UNAVCO's Boulder datacenter will be unreachable for approximately 10-15 minutes tomorrow night (Wednesday, August 12th) between the hours of 9PM and 11PM Mountain Time.  This is due to Level3 rerouting our fiber to new cross connection facilities.  All UNAVCO Internet services will be unavailable during this 10-15 minute window.  However, ftp access to data-out.unavco.org will be available during the window, as this service is hosted out of another datacenter.

Also, the T1 circuits that carry our phone service will be moved.  Our office phones will stop working at approximately 5PM on Wednesday night.  At the latest the phones will be working again by early Thursday morning.

Thank you for your patience,
UNAVCO Networking Department